Sample APA Format College Papers
APA format is one of the most popular formatting styles for papers, written on behavioral and social sciences. It was developed by the American Psychological Association with the aim to standardize the rules that define various aspects of writing: from page headers to references written in the end of the papers. Usually the format following constitutes a significant part of the grade, which is why in order to get high results students have to know the major style peculiarities and should follow them to the dot.
So, let me describe some general guidelines that APA style possesses:
- Each page has a page header, and for the title page and the body of the paper the style is a bit different.
- The papers should be typed on a page of standard A4 size with 1” margins on all sides. It is necessary to double-space the text.
- If someone else’s text or idea is retold in your own words, you have to include in-text citation, which will have the author’s name, year of publication and page number (if available) in brackets after the actual idea retelling.
- If there are more than two authors, and less than five, you should mention their surnames in text only for the first time; for the other references you can just write the first surname and add et al.
- In the references section usually you have to provide the surname and initials of the author, then the year of publication in brackets, the title of the book in italics, the place of publication and its name.
Remember that it is very important to format all the references and the paper itself in the right way. You should apply all the rules that are relevant to your particular reference and shouldn’t miss any detail.