We all had teachers at school whom we loved and whom we hated. However, as children, we seldom reflected on why it happened, being guided by the holistic approach adherent to the young age. Growing older, we usually become more interested in the reasons. When I tried to answer the question of what my positive attitude depended on, I realized that it was mainly determined by the way teachers managed to combine different roles in the classroom. So, here are the roles:
- An educator is the role of a teacher, which is considered to be the most important by many students. However, this idea is quite superficial. It goes without saying that professional knowledge of the subject is important, but if it is the only role a teacher can perform, his classes will turn into a disaster.
- An entertainer is usually a type loved by the students for the possibility to have fun in the classroom. However, a teacher for whom this role is dominant often faces problems with discipline and fulfilling other responsibilities, thus, organizing the learning process in a less effective way.
- A supporter is a teacher who is primarily focused on teaching the students not to be afraid of making mistakes and encouraging them on the way to successful task completion.
- A role model is a teacher who puts a major emphasis on the ethical issues trying to develop basic human values in students, rather than to equip them with extensive knowledge and skills.
- An assessor is a role that many teachers find the most difficult to perform, as they have to evaluate the knowledge of their students, being fair, objective and not influenced by the concerns of the discipline, personal likes, and feelings.
The more successfully a…
Do you want to get a custom essay about teachers’ role in the life of the youth written for you from scratch by real masters of their craft? Place an order now, and a professional writer will compose a state-of-the-art original essay in just 3 hours or less!